Tuesday

Totally Rad Event Update

VAGINAL STATUS: Achy


This weekend, my friend and comrade MarilynJean threw her baby shower for Bristol Palin that got some attention from BUST magazine (at the same bar in Cleveland where Princess and I had our gaywedding reception). 100 of my friends showed up, they made a giant and delicious art installation of cupcakes laid out like birth control pills in 28-day cycle packs, Lounge Kitty (a social worker and absurdly big-hair wearing jazz-singing sensation who is the toast of Cleveland) performed, people reveled in their good will toward the Palin family.

And they raised $1000 for Planned Parenthood of Alaska. Sarah Palin will get the thank-you cards, because she really started it all.

Ah, my people, how I adore your twisted little minds. Congratulations to MarilynJean and her crew, and many happy returns to Bristol. Bless her heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woot! Go, them! I hadn't heard the final dollar amount; that's fantastic!

Unfortunately, I didn't hear about it 'til after the event, so I didn't make it.